Is Wealthy Affiliate Worth it? A Review from Personal Experience
When I See The Question Asked Online: Is Wealthy Affiliate Worth It?
I need to answer this question, iss Wealthy Affiliate worth it honestly from 2 perspectives:
1. As Someone Who Has Researched and Has Experienced Starting a Business Online for Years.
After we moved to the U.K. as a family, we struggled financially for a number of years as we were starting all over again. Not only was the cost of living very high for us, but setting up home from scratch, owning a vehicle and additional unforeseen education costs for children were a great burden. Even 2 incomes within the household couldn’t match the outgoings.
Eventually, out of desperation, I began to research how to address this very serious situation we were in. The dot.com crash had just happened some years before, but the internet zone was bursting with new endeavours, new opportunities and successes.
There were also many exaggerated claims, as there are now. It meant spending many night hours online trying to find the one needle in the haystack of exaggeration, scams and fly-by-night supposed “business opportunities” that would be affordable.
Midst all that was on offer, I still didn’t have the money to invest, and more importantly to risk to start on any entrepreneurship venture. Have you ever been in that situation? If yes, you can identify! You will also know the so-often quoted comment: “It takes money to make money” and yes I did it the cheap and cautious way.
So the brand name Wealthy Affiliate didn’t sit well with me when I first came across it. I look back and I had become over-cautious.
What did I gain from my time of learning and caution?
There is also a saying: “Nothing ventured, nothing gained”.
There is much truth in that. Usually fear of loss of assets leads to the lack of venture. That lack of risk. That was so in my case. But I’m glad at the same time that I refrained from being coaxed into taking out my credit card out, as so many supposed “success gurus” encouraged me to do. Most of them are designed to suck the money and energy out of you for their own gain. Then the program shuts down. And they go on to the next scheme.
But I did gain some!
- I gained a lot of experience – Slowly!
- I found my first niche
- I learned about building websites
- I learned about SEO and how to do it.
- I succeeded and had a worthwhile additional income
- That there ARE trustworthy, stable programs out there.
- I gained a lot from free email courses.
What Did I lose?
Yes, I lost some money. Small amounts were necessary. But the most was the loss of valuable TIME. It took me years to get to a place where my time investment brought me an income. I can never get that time back and I should be well-established with more streams of income by now.
So my cautious approach was good and paid off, saving me from being scammed but my over-caution has cost me the loss of years.
My experience in retrospect is to not just dismiss a brand too quickly as I did with Wealthy Affiliate. Dig deeper, take the free trial. Particularly as there are NO CREDIT CARD details required. It is what it says it is. I’m going to tell you why in the next section of this article.
2. My Experience of Wealthy Affiliate as a Member of the Program and Community.
I took the free trial and was surprised at how much quality Wealthy Affiliate offered, so much so, that I signed up for the first month at $19. I didn’t after all these years have to throw all caution to the wind! Once I was given access and could explore at my leisure, I was most pleasantly surprised, no totally delighted!
What did I discover during the trial period?
- I found that the training was so easy to implement
- The courses are very thorough and cover everything you need to succeed.
- I found that I have gaps in my knowledge that are now being covered by the training.
- There is a genuine community that helps you to persevere when there are new difficult tasks to implement
- Your questions are answered quickly by members of the community who have experience
- There is ongoing encouragement by the founders, Kyle and Carson who will advise when you’re stuck.
Should you decide to take the trial with Wealthy Affiliate, I would suggest that you do the following:
- Set up your profile as right away with your photo and write your bio right away, so you’re ready and available to community interaction.
- If you have a niche that you have in mind to develop beforehand, you will be able to get going quicker. If not, then use the training and tools provided to explore.
- Do as much of the course as possible during your trial period. Really test it.
- Look at other members’ profiles and website links to stimulate ideas.
- Watch community members’ success reports. You will find that people are making money from the websites they built.
In light of my surprise and discovering that Wealthy Affiliate isn’t a scam, a get quick rich scheme and that there are genuine successes, I took the next step. That was to subscribe for the first month at the discounted price of $19. A month at that price would be worthwhile for me to test my ability to implement the knowledge gained in practice building a website.
This has been a test for me as I have always struggled with WordPress and eventually would avoid this means of site building in favor of offline software and web-based platforms.
Roll on a week into the $19 period and I have decided to continue at the end of this and let the subscription roll at $49 per month. I have been more convinced by the value that Wealthy Affiliate gives.
Yes, Wealthy Affiliate is worth it:
I’m finding retired folks on here that are making a living from their websites, and site-building for brick and mortar businesses in their community and beyond. There are retirees making a living, people with multiple websites in various niches producing multiple streams of income.
Why is it worth it?
- Anyone can do this if you can use a computer keyboard to write a letter!
- People are building real businesses that succeed because of Wealthy Affiliate Training.
- Continual development of new training modules.
- Excellent keyword tool and site builder
- The membership is all-inclusive at a very reasonable price.
- The web hosting is super fast premium hosting as opposed to cheaper budget hosting
- Huge hosting space – up to 25 domains – and additional 25 subs.
- SSL is included.
- Servers with secure Malware protection 24/7
- Realtime response for help 24/7
In fact, the deal is so good that I will be rebuilding my main website here at WA later when I have completed building the 2 new niche sites I’m developing at the moment.
Who is Wealthy Affiliate Good for?
The answer to that, from checking it out during the trial and going through the training – anyone!
If you are preparing for retirement, retired already, housebound, disabled, single parent, in a job you hate your job, or on a low income and seeing no way of escape –
Wealthy Affiliate is for you! The people listed previously are all achieving their goals here. When you train here and put it into practice by doing the needed work, you will have a better future.
Over the years I have learned to recognize a scam quite well. Or a get-rich-quick scheme. Don’t let the word Wealthy or Affiliate switch you off because of the branding here. You will be letting a good education and opportunity to build a solid business pass you by.
I was wrong about Wealthy Affiliate and I regret I didn’t look just a bit deeper years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of experimenting and lost years. And be much better off in my retirement.
Take the trial membership offer now and achieve your goals quicker than I did.