Effective headlines for your blog posts can make all the difference in the world. Headlines can determine whether your site visitors reads your post(s) or moves on to another website or blog. Keep in mind that there are a lot of other blogs on Affiliate Marketing that your readers can choose from. So if your audience is not interested in reading your posts, your blog followers wont grow and there is less chance of success. One way to keep visitors reading is to create attention-grabbing headlines. Remember, that the headline is one of the first thing that is seen.
Here are some tips that may help:
1. Turn each headline into a benefit-oriented statement. Reading headlines that tell how great your Affiliate Marketing business is or focusing only on the features of your product or service simply don’t work. Instead, speak to what appeals to your readers and or try offering something.
2. Make headlines short, sweet and to the point. Sometimes your reader’s attention span can be measured in millisecond‘s. So as demonstrated in the picture to the right, get to the point, and do it quickly. Use as few words as possible to entice your reader to continue reading.
3. Don’t sensationalize your headline. Ever read a headline that sounded too good to be true? That’s exactly what your reader will think if you promise too much in your headline. Keep headlines factual and exciting.
4. Immediately explain your headline in the posts that follows. Once you’ve got your reader’s attention with exciting headlines, make sure your post tells the story or gives the information your headline indicates. Try do it as soon as possible, or your reader may quit reading after less than a paragraph.
5. Use attention-grabbing verbiage. Don’t be shy with your headlines. Use words and phrases that give your reader an enticement to keep reading. Keep in mind that if you are the reader and you see headlines starting with Free, Secrets of…, Tips to…, or a question, you’ll probably keep reading so you don’t miss anything. Your readers feel the same way.
6. Keep your target audience in mind. Explain the benefits of your product or service in a way that always appeals to your target market. Never forget who they are, what they like/dislike, what problems they face, and what solutions they need.
7. Test your materials on a knowledgeable audience. Put your piece to the test by asking people you trust to evaluate it and give you honest feedback. Use the feedback (good or bad) to refine your headlines to make them even better.
8. Lastly, and most important, picture yourself as the reader and ask yourself if you would read the article with a headline like that. Chances are, if you wouldn’t read it, your readers aren’t going to either.
Hope these help to make draw attention to your Affiliate Marketing blog.